Friday, January 15, 2016

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Bokeh Stamping

Hello and welcome to CTMH's Technique Blog Hop. This week our featured technique is the Bokeh Technique.


If you have just joined us you can start here and continue on, as this is a circular hop or if you get lost along the way you can start at the beginning with Melissa's Blog as she has the complete list. If you came here from JEN'S MESSY STUDIO you are in the right place. Now on to my project:





I chose to use the Bokeh technique to feature some of my Christmas photos because I feel like it just seems to suit them. The picture looks a little pink-ish but really it's Cranberry Red. I used CTMH's Water based ink pads to do the inking and the White Daisy Pigment ink for the circles. I also did a few circles with the cranberry ink just to add more interest and color. It dried nicely and turned out very good. My title is embossed with white embossing powder and heat dried. I could have also embossed the tree on the right hand page but I kind of liked the Bokeh to show through so I just used the regular water based black ink. If you have any questions just ask and I will answer! <3

Supply List
Cranberry Ink
Fern Ink
Flaxen Ink
White Daisy Ink
Black Ink
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (to cut the circles sheet)
Cranberry Cardstock
White Daisy Cardstock
Black Cardstock
White Pines Assortment
Gold Shimmer Trim
Flaxen Thick Twine
Base & Bling Snowflake Charm
White Embossing Powder
Craft Heater
Journaling Pen
Believe in Christmas Stamp Set

Thank you for checking out my project. If you would like to place an order for any of these supplies you can buy them here. If you enjoyed my project please comment below as we love feedback! Next on our blog hop is Michelle from SHOW AND TELL WITH MICHELLE. Make sure to check out her amazing work featuring this same product.

See you on February 15 as we will be featuring the new Thinlits! Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! You're right about this technique being perfect for your photos! What a cute little girl, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Which one? haha just kidding. I think they are cute too! <3

      Delete
  2. Wow, Kirsten! Your layouts are stunning with the bokeh background! It makes them look festive too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout- may have to give it a try for a layout. Really like the way you added the cranberry circles too.

    ReplyDelete